Tuesday, August 8, 2017

FACE IN

Vol. 16 No. 8          
August 8, 2017

Dear Friend,

The practice of the Christian faith is three dimensional – 3D - doxological – giving praise to God, communal – growing in interpersonal relationships, and missional – engaging our world on behalf of our Lord.  In other words, we are to face up, face in, and face out.

“Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts.  They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts.” Acts 2:46*

The early Christians understood the communal aspect of the faith.  We who follow Jesus are not meant to follow alone.  We are his Body and are meant to grow together.

So, ask yourself:

Am I facing in? Am I meaningfully engaged with a fellowship of God’s people?”

“Do I meet ‘in the temple courts,’ that is, am I as faithfully involved in a local church as I am physically able to be so?”

“Am I involved with a small group of fellow believers – a face-to-face         fellowship that meets to discuss the Bible and to pray for one another?”

"Do I number any fellow believers among my closest friends of the heart?”

If your answer to any of these questions is not “yes,” then I urge you to get connected.  The term “solo Christian” is an oxymoron.

As we “face up” to praise and enjoy our Lord and prepare to “face out” with missional intent, we are blessed to “face in” and find strength from one another.


Joy to you - 

E. Stanley Ott                              

No comments:

Post a Comment