Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Voice

Building One Another - Vol. 11, No. 26 
 
Dear Friend,
Late one afternoon I was jogging around a high school track and let's just say I wasn’t exactly flying around that oval. On the other side of the track the high school track coach was working with one student. I could hear the coach holler to his runner:

"Square your shoulders!
                Lift those knees and step higher!
                                Lengthen your stride!
                                                Pick up your pace!"

I suddenly realized I was flying around the track at a terrific rate of speed (for me)!

I’d squared my own shoulders, was lifting my knees and stepping higher, lengthening my stride, and picking up my pace. The voice of the coach prodded me into action!

The Voice of the Spirit of the God is prodding you in a similar way:

“Seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13

                “Come to me, all you who are weary and
                      burdened.” Matthew 11:28

                                “Therefore let all the faithful pray.”
                                       Psalm 32:6

May you hear the Voice of the Spirit prodding you to draw near to the Lord who loves you dearly and who has already drawn near to you!
 
With joy- E. Stanley Ott
Copyright 2012 E. Stanley Ott
*Scripture from the NIV
 
 stan.jpg
 
To view archived issues and to subscribe:
www.buildingoneanother.org

No comments:

Post a Comment