Tuesday, November 27, 2012

God Can

Building One Another - Vol. 11, No. 25 
 
Dear Friend,
I was flying a Southwest flight from Orlando to New Orleans. We were belted in and picking up speed as we raced down the runway. Suddenly the pilot’s voice broadcast in the cabin. My ears perked up since I had never heard the pilot speak during take off.

What he said was, “I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.”

We all had a good laugh as the plane lifted into the air and turned towards New Orleans.

That moment has often come back to me when facing some challenge in my life and I find myself running harder and faster. Like the “Little Engine that Thought He Could," the words of that pilot come to mind, “I think I can. I think I can!”

Except the pilot couldn’t fly by himself.  While he had a part to play, he was merely along for the ride aboard a massive plane trusting in its power to take him and all of us aloft.

When you start thinking it all depends on you, know that our Lord works with, in, and through our efforts yet, we, too, are along for the ride. We, too, have our part to play in the endeavor before us, yet we trust in our massive God’s power to be the wind under our wings.

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.” Psalm 20:7* I trust God can!
 
With joy- E. Stanley Ott
Copyright 2012 E. Stanley Ott
*Scripture from the NIV
 
 stan.jpg
 
To view archived issues and to subscribe:
www.buildingoneanother.org

No comments:

Post a Comment