Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nevertheless

Building One Another - Vol. 10, No. 15 
 
Dear Friend,
If you have ever been in a low place you know the person who said the following words to God was at one time the lowest of the low, upset in spirit, and unresponsive to the Lord who loved him.

“When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, I was stupid and ignorant; I was like a brute beast toward you.” Psalm 73:21-22*

While this expresses a very down experience, it is the next word I love: nevertheless!

"Nevertheless I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me with honor.” Psalm 73:23-24

No matter what is happening at the present moment, how down, how uncertain, how threatened you may feel or anxious you may be, nevertheless the Lord who loves you is right with you, loving you, guiding you, and leading you.

In fact in the midst of all that concerns the psalmist, he sums his hope with these words:

“Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire other than you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:25-26

Remember – nevertheless!
 
 
With joy - E. Stanley Ott
Copyright 2011 E. Stanley Ott
 *Scripture from the NRSV.
 stan.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment